Careers at Bitstream
About the Company
Bitstream is a family of talented engineers who value correctness over expediency. Each of us brings something different to the table, and we know you have something incredible to offer as well. We manage ourselves, while looking out for one another; we prioritize security in everything that we do; and we provide our clients with excellent service and rapid response - executing the solutions and facilitating the support they need to succeed. And with each success, we really do play as hard as we work.
Our company culture is the sum of each of our styles and strengths, and we’re eager for you to contribute to it.
We encourage you to review our website and get to know more about our company before applying.
Junior Systems Administrator
Junior Systems Administrator
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bitstream is a growing MSP located in Atlanta GA, with a client portfolio spanning multiple industries and States. Our team works remotely, with a focus on fast, efficient, and correct support. To accomplish this, we employ the Principle of Least Privilege, maintain superb documentation, and prescribe a standardized technology stack. These key tenants allow us to repeat the same troubleshooting procedures across all clients.
Bitstream is looking for knowledgeable IT Generalists committed to the concepts of Standard Operating Procedures and continuous learning. We value honesty and loyalty to our company and our customers. The ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills, and has a natural interest in and passion for technology and how it works. We want someone who is always eager to learn something new, and to improve and challenge the things they already know; and someone able to manage themselves and their time wisely, without having to be told to do so.
- Provide support to all clients via the IT Helpdesk/PSA
- Apply principles of customer service while maintaining principles of least privilege (and common sense) to resolve IT issues
- Implement desktop imaging and operating system deployment to new and existing hardware
- Provide support for Microsoft Windows, macOS and common user applications
- Provide basic support for proprietary/Line-of-Business applications, and assist users with escalation to vendor support when necessary
- Produce and maintain internal documentation and end-user guides
- Manage user accounts, email accounts, and VoIP phone systems
- BS, BA, 2-year degree or relevant experience (focus on MIS or Networking preferred)
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, and must be a current resident
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks and MVR
- Mastery of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Travel to client sites in the Southeast is required (overnight travel is infrequent). Occasional weekend work is required - usually when onboarding a new client
- Must be in the Atlanta GA area, or be willing to relocate
- CCNA certification
- Experience with Microsoft Windows domain environments and Active Directory
- Experience in using macOS desktop operating systems
- Experience with Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, and Azure AD
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary with annual performance review
- paid Medical, Disability, and Life Insurance
- paid Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible PTO
Bitstream is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for a Position