The ticket system is one of our primary IT support tools.
The ticket system is a cloud dashboard made by zendesk.com that tracks client requests, and captures any alerts generated by our monitoring systems.
It assigns a unique ID number to each event and allows us to catalog them and do these things:
- receive inbound requests from clients
- maintain a permanent record of all communications with clients
- assign responsibility for resolution of client requests
- request and receive client permission for purchasing IT related hardware and software
- receive inbound alerts
Tickets are created via several inbound channels.
Some of them are:
- client opens a ticket via the Bitstream system agent
- client opens a ticket via email
- vendor opens a ticket via email
- alert generated by the Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) software
- an alert generated by a cloud monitoring system
When a new ticket is created, all Bitstream personnel are notified immediately via email, SMS, and our team collaboration software.
This organized system ensures that your requests are timestamped and quickly solved, and that a written record exists.
The Anatomy of a Ticket
- organization name, subject of request
- contact information
- quick links to management system
- metadata about the device
- screenshots of issue